Protecting your personal data and privacy is important to us. The purpose of this policy is to inform you of our practices regarding the collection, processing and sharing of data that you provide to us as part of our e-commerce activity.
You can change your cookie preferences at any time by going to the "Manage Your Preferences" section.
Who are we?
Welcome to the fauvette-paris.com website, whose headquarters are located at 73 boulevard Soult, 75012 Paris, France, and which is registered with the Paris Trade and Companies Registry under number 851385831.
To ensure the respect of your personal data, including those collected through cookies, we have a Data Protection Officer, who can be reached via:
Postal address: SASU FAUVETTE PARIS - Data Protection Officer, 73 boulevard Soult 75012 Paris, France
What personal data do we collect and how?
Personal data" refers to any information that allows you to be identified either directly (such as with your name or email address) or indirectly (such as through a unique customer number).
In addition, we are committed to collecting only personal data that is relevant and appropriate to the purposes for which we process your personal data.
a) Data that you provide to us directly
You may provide us with data :
- when you subscribe to our newsletter
- when you purchase products on our website
Depending on what you provide to us, such information may include:
- your identity: your first name, last name, gender
- your date of birth: this is used to ensure that no minor under the age of 16 makes a purchase. We remind you that we do not collect, directly or indirectly, personal data from persons under the age of 16, without prejudice to any local law setting a different minimum age. We therefore ask you not to provide us with personal data of persons who do not meet this criterion.
- your contact details (your postal address, e-mail, phone numbers)
- your personal status: your title of civility
- your purchases and repairs: purchase history, order details, invoices, interactions with our customer service, intervention of our after-sales service...)
- other information that you may provide by filling out forms or contacting us (including your comments or other communications that you send to us when ordering)
- your payment data: we pay particular attention to security issues regarding payment on the Internet. Bank details are processed and stored solely by our banking partner Stripe and are never in the possession of Fauvette Paris.
Only the following information is collected and stored by Stripe in order to ensure your authentication in the event of a refund and to follow up in the event of fraud:
- the last 4 digits of the credit card used for the purchase,
- the expiration date,
- the issuer (bank),
- the fingerprint code,
- the name of the owner, his email and postal address
At each step, we inform you when your information is necessary to treat or answer your query, and this way supply products or services to you. If you don’t give us the essential information to your query’s completion, this can delay it or make it impossible.
In addition, we strive to ensure that the personal data we hold is accurate at all times. We therefore encourage you to update your data in case any changes occur. We may also ask you to update your data.
b) Data collected indirectly
We may collect data when you use our website, including your IP address or other navigational data, through cookies.
Some cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of our website and others are used for analytical and performance purposes that help us provide you with more personalized services and a better experience. For more information about cookies and how to change your preferences, please read our Cookie Management page.
Use and sharing of your information
Your personal data is processed by both digital and manual means and is protected by appropriate security measures. In particular, the Company implements appropriate administrative, technical, staffing and physical measures to protect personal data in its possession from loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification.
We use the personal data we collect from and about you to:
- provide you with our services and features;
- enable you to receive personalized offers;
- provide you with customer support and answer your questions;
- conform to practical laws and legal obligations or answer to the public demands or government authorities’ demands;
- review, analyze and improve our services;
At the term of the limitation period, your personal data will be either erased, anonymised, or incorporated.
We don't sell your personal data to third parties (such as your name, address, email address, credit card information, or any other).
In the aim of offering you the best service possible, we share your data with the companies dealing with your order such as:
- the warehouses, the order packers, the delivery companies and our payment partner (Stripe)
- the professionals in charge of our website’s functioning (digital partners)
- Police authorities and fraud control helping us to prevent frauds
What are your rights regarding your personal data?
In accordance with the data protection practical right, you can ask for access, rectification, the deletion and the portability of your personal data at any time, or limit the treatment or be opposed to it. A summary of these rights is stated below:
- the right of access to your personal data that we have on you and the right to be informed about the way we use it.
- the right to ask us to rectify any mistake in your data or to complete it.
- the right to ask us to suppress your personal data, in some cases.
- the right to ask us to limit your personal data’s treatment, in some circumstances, for example if you contest the accuracy of some data.
- the right to be forgotten, it means the suppression, the anonymization or the incorporation of your personal data if your activity on our website is nonexistent for more than 36 months (3 years).
The treatment of your personal data is based on your consent, you can then ask at any time to remove it. If your consent is removed, this won’t affect the treatment of your personal data based on other bases, such as the execution of your orders and the preservation of your orders information in accordance with the practical law.
If you have any questions about this information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text file that is automatically stored by the web browser during a visit. It is not malicious, it does not generate any virus and it does not download any software on your computer.
Cookies have been developed to improve the user experience and to allow websites to collect anonymous data useful for the optimization of the site and its ergonomics. A cookie is able to recognize and store information such as: language choice, pages viewed or the contents of a shopping cart. It is also useful to obtain statistics on the use of the site: time of consultation of the pages, clicks, bounce rate, etc. Cookies have thus played an important role in the development of the Internet as we know it today.
Each cookie has an expiration date, which varies depending on the site. Here its validity period is 13 months.
Use and list of cookies
The website fauvette-paris.comuses different types of cookies:
1.Strictly necessary / essential cookies:
These cookies are necessary for the functioning of the website and cannot be deactivated.
They help make the website usable by enabling basic functions such as page navigation, logging into your account, securing the website, customizing your privacy preferences, etc. The site cannot function properly without these cookies.
List of services/features using these cookies:
- authentication & shopping cart (Shopify)
- payment (Stripe and Alma)
2. Analytics and performance cookies:
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance and the browsing experience. They help us to know which pages are most popular and least popular, and to understand how visitors move through the site.
All information collected by these cookies is aggregated on an anonymous basis.
When we use statistical cookies provided by third parties (such as Google Analytics, provided by Google, Inc.), your IP address is anonymized so that the third parties cannot link this information to any other information already in their possession.
You can disable these cookies from the "Manage your preferences" section.
List of services/features using these cookies:
- Google Analytics
3. Personalized content cookies:
Advertising cookies allow us, if you accept them, to display ads tailored and personalized to your profile and interests on social networks. They do not directly store personal information. These advertisements will be proposed to you taking into account, for example, your browsing history, your purchases, or your location data.
If you refuse to accept cookies, you will be shown ads that are less relevant to your interests. You can choose not to allow these cookies and to deactivate them at any time from the "Manage your preferences" section.
List of services/features using these cookies:
- Facebook / Instagram
When you first visit our website, we offer you to accept the use of certain cookies, thanks to the display of a banner.
Only essential cookies cannot be disabled.
Managing cookie preferences
You can easily deactivate and/or delete cookies from your computer, tablet or mobile device by managing your browser settings.
In order to manage cookies in the way that best suits you, we invite you to set your browser's parameters in accordance with the purpose of the cookies.
Below are instructions on how to manage and deactivate cookies, depending on the browser:
Click the Tools button, then Internet Options.
Click on Privacy, then Advanced.
In the Cookies window, select your preferences.
Click the Menu button, then Settings.
Click the Show advanced settings link.
In the Privacy section, click the Content Settings button.
Then in the Cookies section, select your preferences.
Click the Menu button, then select Options/Preferences.
In the History area, for the Retention Rules option, select "use custom settings for history".
Check or uncheck the Accept Cookies box and select your preferences.
Click on the Safari menu, then click on Preferences.
Click on the Security tab.
In the Block Cookies section, select your preferences.